Jump to Main Content
- Zahradka, Peter, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The British journal of nutrition 2015 v.113 no.9 pp. 1373-1383
- adults; amylose; barley; barley flour; beta-glucans; blood; blood glucose; fasting; glucagon-like peptide 1; glucose; insoluble fiber; insulin; milling fractions; peptide YY; randomized clinical trials; satiety; tortillas; volunteers
- ... The aim of the present study was to determine if the consumption of barley tortillas varying in fibre and/or starch composition affected postprandial glucose, insulin, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) or peptide YY concentrations. A double-blind, randomised, controlled trial was performed with twelve healthy adults. They each consumed one of five barley tortillas or a glucose drink on six individua ...
- Zahradka, Peter, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The Journal of nutritional biochemistry 2015 v.26 pp. 130-137
- conjugated linoleic acid; diet; disease course; fibrosis; hypertrophy; isomers; kidney diseases; lipoxygenase; macrophages; metabolites; obesity; oxylipins; prostaglandin synthase; rats; renal function; thromboxanes
- ... Dietary conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) reduces indicators of early renal disease progression and the associated elevated cyclooxygenase (COX) levels in young obese rats with obesity-associated nephropathy (OAN). Therefore, renal function and injury and COX and its metabolites were assessed in obese fa/fa Zucker rats with more advanced renal disease. Obese rats at 16weeks of age were provided with ...