Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Shunni, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2015 v.198 pp. 165-171
- Chlorella; algae; biodiesel; biomass; carbon; fuel production; glucose-1-phosphate adenylyltransferase; models; nitrogen; oils; oleic acid; phosphates; phosphorus; starch; wastewater
- ... The aim of this research was to study the effect of phosphorus supply on starch and lipid production under nitrogen starvation using Chlorella sp. as a model. High phosphate level had marginal effect on cell density but increased biomass growth. Massive phosphorus was assimilated quickly and mainly stored in the form of polyphosphate. The algal cells ceased phosphorus uptake when intracellular pho ...
- Zhu, Shunni, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2015 v.120 no.2 pp. 205-209
- Chlorella; biodiesel; fatty acid composition; feedstocks; glycolipids; microalgae; nitrogen; nitrogen content; oleic acid; phospholipids; polyunsaturated fatty acids; protein content; starvation; triacylglycerols
- ... Cellular biochemical composition of the microalga Chlorella zofingiensis was studied under favorable and nitrogen starvation conditions, with special emphasis on lipid classes and fatty acids distribution. When algal cells were grown in nitrogen-free medium (N stress), the increase in the contents of lipid and carbohydrate while a decrease in protein content was detected. Glycolipids were the majo ...