Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: lambs?
- Adam, Marcus; Erdem, Talha; Stachowski, Gordon M.; Soran-Erdem, Zeliha; Lox, Josephine F. L.; Bauer, Christoph; Poppe, Jan; Demir, Hilmi Volkan; Gaponik, Nikolai; Eychmüller, Alexander
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2015 v.7 no.41 pp. 23364-23371
- incandescent lamps, etc ; borax; color; crystallization; crystals; ionic strength; optical properties; quantum dots; sodium chloride; solubility; temperature; zinc sulfide; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... In this work, a model-experimental feedback approach is developed and applied to fabricate high-quality, warm-white light-emitting diodes based on quantum dots (QDs) as color-conversion materials. Owing to their unique chemical and physical properties, QDs offer huge potential for lighting applications. Nevertheless, both emission stability and processability of the QDs are limited upon usage from ...
- Min, Jihoon; Azevedo, Inês Lima; Hakkarainen, Pekka
- Applied energy 2015 v.141 pp. 12-18
- incandescent lamps, etc ; carbon; carbon dioxide; climate; cooling; cooling systems; electric energy consumption; electricity; electricity costs; emissions; emissions factor; energy conservation; energy efficiency; fluorescent lamps; fuels; heat; heating systems; issues and policy; light emitting diodes; primary energy; residential housing; United States; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Lighting accounts for 19% of total U.S. electricity consumption and 6% of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) emissions. Existing technologies, such as compact fluorescent lamps and light emitting diodes, can substitute low-efficiency technologies such as incandescent lamps, while saving energy and reducing energy bills to consumers. For that reason, lighting efficiency goals have been emphasized in ...