Jump to Main Content
- Nabais, Cristina, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Trees 2015 v.29 no.1 pp. 237-245
- Pinus pinaster; cambium; coasts; growing season; growth rings; methodology; trees; Mediterranean region; Portugal
- ... KEY MESSAGE : A new method is pro posed to standardize chronologies of intra-annual density fluctuations to improve their intra-annual climatic signal. In the Mediterranean area, intra-annual density fluctuations (IADFs) are triggered by short-term climatic variations during the growing season. It is known that the formation of these anatomical structures is dependent on age and size, which can re ...
- Nabais, Cristina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Ecological research 2015 v.30 no.1 pp. 49-55
- Acacia longifolia; Cytisus; Ulex europaeus; bacteria; dunes; ecosystems; field experimentation; greenhouses; land restoration; legumes; nodulation; plant growth; soil fertility; symbiosis
- ... Acacia longifolia is an invasive woody legume in many coastal sand dunes ecosystems around the world. A useful option to aid in the restoration of invaded areas after acacia removal is the revegetation of the newly open areas using appropriate native dune plants. A field experiment was performed to determine whether two shrubby legumes native to European Atlantic coastal dunes, Cytisus grandifloru ...