Jump to Main Content
- Mietton-Peuchot, Martine, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Food and bioprocess technology 2014 v.7 no.2 pp. 424-436
- acidity; anthocyanins; cell walls; depolymerization; energy; grapes; pH; polyphenols; pulsed electric fields; tannins; winemaking; wines
- ... The treatment of Cabernet Sauvignon red grapes by pulsed electric fields (PEFs) is performed prior to vinification in order to enhance the extraction of polyphenols. PEF treatments of the longest duration and of the highest energy (E = 0.7 kV/cm, t PEF = 200 ms, W = 31 Wh/kg) changed the structure of grape skins and produced a wine that was richer in tannins (34 %), while treatment of the highest ...
- Mietton-Peuchot, Martine, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2014 v.62 no.13 pp. 2925-2934
- cell walls; grapes; polyphenols; polysaccharides; pulsed electric fields; small fruits; tannins; wine quality; winemaking
- ... Pulsed electric field (PEF) treatment is an emerging technology that is arousing increasing interest in vinification processes for its ability to enhance polyphenol extraction performance. The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of PEF treatment on grape skin histocytological structures and on the organization of skin cell wall polysaccharides and tannins, which, until now, have been ...