Jump to Main Content
- Park, Junhyung, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2014 v.7 no.1 pp. 279
- Leptotrombidium; Orientia tsutsugamushi; chiggers; evolution; flow cytometry; genome; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reliability; scrub typhus; vector competence
- ... BACKGROUND: Leptotrombidium pallidum and Leptotrombidium scutellare are the major vector mites for Orientia tsutsugamushi, the causative agent of scrub typhus. Before these organisms can be subjected to whole-genome sequencing, it is necessary to estimate their genome sizes to obtain basic information for establishing the strategies that should be used for genome sequencing and assembly. METHOD: T ...
- PubMed Central:
- Park, Junhyung, et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Functional & integrative genomics 2014 v.14 no.2 pp. 275-283
- Escherichia coli; RNA; Scolopendra; adults; antimicrobial peptides; antimicrobial properties; arthropods; erythrocytes; gene expression regulation; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; humans; isoelectric point; microorganisms; proteolysis; proteome; synthetic peptides; toxicity; transcriptome
- ... The centipede Scolopendra subspinipes mutilans is an environmentally beneficial and medically important arthropod species. Although this species is increasingly applied as a reliable source of new antimicrobial peptides, the transcriptome of this species is a prerequisite for more rational selection of antimicrobial peptides. In this report, we isolated total RNA from the whole body of adult centi ...