Jump to Main Content
- Pereira, Juliana; Schlindwein, Clemens; Antonini, Yasmine; Maia, Artur Campos Dália; Dötterl, Stefan; Martins, Cristiane; Navarro, Daniela Maria do Amaral Ferraz; Oliveira, Reisla
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.111 no.3 pp. 679-691
- Philodendron; Scarabaeidae; air temperature; flowers; fruit set; host plants; indigenous species; methyl jasmonate; odors; pollen flow; pollinators; volatile compounds; Brazil
- ... Cyclocephline scarabs and their host plants are documented as highly specialized plant–pollinator associations, with various fine‐tuned adaptations. We studied the association between Philodendron adamantinum, a species endemic to the Espinhaço Range in Minas Gerais, South‐East Brazil, and its exclusive pollinators. We focused on the pollination mechanism and reproductive success of P. adamantinum ...
- Pucci, Marcela Baer; Barbosa, Patrícia; Nogaroto, Viviane; Almeida, Mara Cristina; Artoni, Roberto Ferreira; Pansonato‐Alves, José Carlos; Foresti, Fausto; Moreira‐Filho, Orlando; Vicari, Marcelo Ricardo
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.111 no.3 pp. 541-553
- Characiformes; W chromosome; biological speciation; gene flow; reproductive isolation; ribosomal DNA; rivers; zebras; Brazil
- ... Both time and low gene flow are the key factors by which different biological species arise. The divergence process among lineages and the development of pre‐ or postzygotic isolation occur when gene flow events are lacking. The separation among species of the genus Characidium was analysed in relation to the geomorphological mechanisms in river courses, events of captured adjacent upland drainage ...