Jump to Main Content
- Dennenmoser, Stefan; Rogers, Sean M.; Vamosi, Steven M.
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.113 no.4 pp. 943-957
- Cottus asper; developmental stages; ecotypes; estuaries; freshwater; gene flow; genetic variation; habitats; life history; microsatellite repeats; population structure; rivers; British Columbia
- ... Life‐history transitions have evolved repeatedly in numerous taxa, although the ecological and evolutionary conditions favouring such transitions in the presence of gene flow remain poorly understood. The present study aimed to disentangle the effects of isolation‐by‐distance and isolation‐by‐environment on genetic differentiation between two sympatric life‐history ecotypes. Using 14 microsatellit ...
- Diniz‐Filho, José Alexandre Felizola; Soares, Thannya Nascimento; Telles, Mariana Pires De Campos
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2014 v.113 no.4 pp. 1152-1161
- autocorrelation; cerrado; gene flow; gene frequency; genetic variation; indigenous species; models; population size; population structure; trees; variance
- ... Although several statistical approaches can be used to describe patterns of genetic variation and infer stochastic differentiation, selective responses, or interruptions of gene flow due to physical or environmental barriers, it is worthwhile to note that similar processes, controlled by several parameters in theoretical models, frequently give rise to similar patterns. Here, we develop a Pattern‐ ...