Jump to Main Content
- Najafpour, M. M.; Moghaddam, Atefeh N.; Dau, Holger; Zaharieva, Ivelina
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2014 v.136 no.20 pp. 7245-7248
- Cyanobacteria; X-ray absorption spectroscopy; catalysts; clay; kinetics; manganese; manganese oxides; models; montmorillonite; oxidants; oxidation; oxygen production
- ... A binuclear manganese molecular complex [(OH₂)(terpy)Mn(μ-O)₂Mn(terpy)(OH₂)]³⁺ (1) is the most prominent structural and functional model of the water-oxidizing Mn complex operating in plants and cyanobacteria. Supported on montmorillonite clay and using Ce(IV) as a chemical oxidant, 1 has been reported to be one of the best Mn-based molecular catalysts toward water oxidation. By X-ray absorption s ...
- Halvagar, Mohammad
Reza; Solntsev, Pavlo V.; Lim, Hyeongtaek; Hedman, Britt; Hodgson, Keith O.; Solomon, Edward
I.; Cramer, Christopher J.; Tolman, William B.
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2014 v.136 no.20 pp. 7269-7272
- catalytic activity; copper; ligands; methane; models; oxidation; pyridines; spectroscopy; zeolites
- ... A macrocyclic ligand (L⁴–) comprising two pyridine(dicarboxamide) donors was used to target reactive copper species relevant to proposed intermediates in catalytic hydrocarbon oxidations by particulate methane monooxygenase and heterogeneous zeolite systems. Treatment of LH₄ with base and Cu(OAc)₂·H₂O yielded (Me₄N)₂[L₂Cu₄(μ₄-O)] (1) or (Me₄N)[LCu₂(μ-OH)] (2), depending on conditions. Complex 2 wa ...
- PubMed Central: