Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Jian-Hua; Pandey, Mritunjay; Kahler, John F.; Loshakov, Anna; Harris, Benjamin; Dagur, Pradeep K.; Mo, Yin-Yuan; Simonds, William F.
- Journal of biotechnology 2014 v.189 pp. 1-8
- DNA; DNA damage; DNA repair; RNA; chromatin; engineering; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; screening
- ... Genomic engineering by the guide RNA (gRNA)-directed CRISPR/CAS9 is rapidly becoming a method of choice for various biological systems. However, pressing concerns remain regarding its off-target activities and wide variations in efficacies. While next generation sequencing (NGS) has been primarily used to evaluate the efficacies and off-target activities of gRNAs, it only detects the imperfectly r ...
- PubMed Central:
- Rittenhouse, Jennifer L.; Rice, Pamela J.; Spokas, Kurt A.; Koskinen, William C.
- Environmental pollution 2014 v.189 pp. 92
- activated carbon; bioavailability; biochar; broadleaf weeds; brush control; feedstocks; flora; herbicides; olives; plant damage; processing waste; soil; soil remediation
- ... Aminocyclopyrachlor is a pyrimidine carboxylic acid herbicide used to control broadleaf weeds and brush. Amending soil with activated charcoal is recommended to prevent off-site transport of aminocyclopyrachlor and non-target plant damage. We used the batch-equilibrium method to determine the concentration of aminocyclopyrachlor in a pseudo-steady state with biochar, soil, and biochar-soil systems ...