Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Fengxia; Li, Renjie; Wang, Yongtao; Bi, Xiufang; Liao, Xiaojun
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2014 v.22 pp. 22-30
- Mangifera indica; aerobes; bacteria; beta-fructofuranosidase; fructose; glucose; high pressure treatment; hydroxymethylfurfural; industry; mangoes; models; molds (fungi); nectar; pH; sucrose; titratable acidity; viscosity; yeasts
- ... High hydrostatic pressure (HHP, 600MPa/1min) and high-temperature short-time (HTST, 110°C/8.6s) treatments of mango nectars were comparatively evaluated by examining their effects on natural microorganisms, acid invertase, 5-hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF), sugars, pH, titratable acid (TA), viscosity, and cloud, immediately after treatments and during 16-week storage at 4 and 25°C. At both stages of t ...
- Cortez-Vega, William Renzo; Pizato, Sandriane; de Souza, Juliana Tais Andreghetto; Prentice, Carlos
- Innovative food science & emerging technologies 2014 v.22 pp. 197-202
- Micropogonias furnieri; coatings; edible films; firmness; fish; industry; microbial growth; montmorillonite; nanocomposites; odors; pH; papayas; plant tissues; protein isolates; shelf life; viability; weight loss
- ... Edible coatings have been used in the fresh-cut industry as a strategy to reduce the deleterious effects of minimal processing on plant tissues. The objective of this study was to apply edible coatings from protein isolate of Whitemouth croaker with organo-clay montmorillonite in minimally processed papaya slices, throughout the storage of 12days at 5°C, and assess their properties and verify the ...