Jump to Main Content
- Dissanayake, Anusha L.; Yapa, Poojitha D.; Nakata, Kisaburo
- Journal of hydro-environment research 2014 v.8 no.4 pp. 343-357
- advection; barium sulfate; calcium sulfate; chemical reactions; cold; gravity; hydrodynamics; manganese; minerals; mixing; models; momentum; temperature; zinc sulfide; Ryukyu Archipelago
- ... Simulation results of Jade hydrothermal vent in Okinawa trough, Japan and Dante hydrothermal vent in Endeavour ridge in the north east Pacific are presented using an improved version of MOHTV model. The results are presented along with some limited field comparisons. A limited study on the sensitivity of model results to key model parameters is also presented. The model used is capable of simulati ...
- Akpomie, Kovo Godfrey; Dawodu, Folasegun Anthony
- Journal of Taibah University for Science 2014 v.8 no.4 pp. 343-356
- X-ray diffraction; adsorbents; adsorption; cation exchange capacity; endothermy; equations; ions; manganese; models; montmorillonite; nickel; pH; particle size; scanning electron microscopy; sorption isotherms; surface area; temperature; thermodynamics
- ... We tested alkaline-activated montmorillonite as a low-cost adsorbent for simultaneous removal of Ni(II) and Mn(II) ions from solution. The experiment was performed by batch adsorption to evaluate the effects of pH, initial metal ion concentration, particle size, adsorbent dose, contact time and temperature on adsorption. Alkaline modification of montmorillonite increased the specific surface area ...