Jump to Main Content
- Feng Ying Guan; Jian Gu; Wei Li; Ming Zhang; Yingshi Ji; Jing Li; Li Chen; Grant M. Hatch
- Life sciences 2014 v.107 no.1-2 pp. 42-49
- AMP-activated protein kinase; animal disease models; apoptosis; blood glucose; caspase-3; cholesterol; glucose tolerance; glucose tolerance tests; glycemic effect; insulin; islets of Langerhans; mice; mitogen-activated protein kinase; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; protective effect; triacylglycerols; viability
- ... Compound K (CK) is known to possess anti-diabetic activities but the mechanism for this action is unknown. The present study observed the protective effect of CK on islet cell apoptosis through the AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) mediated C-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway.Treatment effect of CK on type 2 diabetic (T2D) mice and palmitate-induced MIN6 β-cells injury was observed. Fasting pl ...
- Chi-I Chang; Chih-Ming Hsu; Ting-Syuan Li; Shen-Da Huang; Chen-Chen Lin; Chia-Hung Yen; Chang-Hung Chou; Hsueh-Ling Cheng
- Journal of functional foods 2014 v.10 pp. 260-273
- AMP-activated protein kinase; Cucurbita moschata; animal disease models; ferulic acid; glycemic effect; insulin; insulin resistance; insulin-like effect; mice; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; pumpkins; screening
- ... Pumpkin has been suggested to have an antidiabetic effect, but the bioactives involved and molecular mechanisms mediating its hypoglycaemic activity are not clear. This study characterized some of the hypoglycaemic constituents in the crude extract of the Cucurbita moschata stem and investigated the mechanisms of their action. The C. moschata stem extract showed a hypoglycaemic effect in vivo in s ...