Jump to Main Content
- Thomas, Rachael; Borst, Luke; Rotroff, Daniel; Motsinger-Reif, Alison; Lindblad-Toh, Kerstin; Modiano, Jaime F.; Breen, Matthew
- Chromosome research 2014 v.22 no.3 pp. 305-319
- chromosome elimination, etc ; DNA; chromosomes; dog breeds; dogs; gene dosage; hemangiosarcoma; microarray technology; oncogenes; penetrance; prognosis; transcription (genetics); Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Canine hemangiosarcoma is a highly aggressive vascular neoplasm associated with extensive clinical and anatomical heterogeneity and a grave prognosis. Comprehensive molecular characterization of hemangiosarcoma may identify novel therapeutic targets and advanced clinical management strategies, but there are no published reports of tumor-associated genome instability and disrupted gene dosage in th ...
- PubMed Central:
- Song, Wei; Dominska, Margaret; Greenwell, Patricia W.; Petes, Thomas D.
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.21 pp. E2210
- chromosome elimination, etc ; DNA; DNA damage; DNA microarrays; DNA replication; DNA-directed DNA polymerase; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; aneuploidy; binding sites; cell cycle; chromosome breakage; chromosome mapping; gene conversion; mammals; retrotransposons; yeasts; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... In mammalian cells, perturbations in DNA replication result in chromosome breaks in regions termed “fragile sites.” Using DNA microarrays, we mapped recombination events and chromosome rearrangements induced by reduced levels of the replicative DNA polymerase-α in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae . We found that the recombination events were nonrandomly associated with a number of structural/seq ...
- PubMed Central: