Jump to Main Content
- Meyer, Peter, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biodiversity and conservation 2014 v.23 no.14 pp. 3519-3542
- biodiversity; forest reserves; forests; habitats; politics; Central European region; Germany
- ... A major goal of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) is to improve the protection of biodiversity. One approach to meet this goal is the implementation of strictly protected forest reserves (SPFRs). Many countries have adopted this approach and set target values for SPFRs, for example Germany aims to set aside 5 % of the forest area by 2020 (BMU, Strategie zur Biologischen Vielfalt, 2007). ...
- Meyer, Peter, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2014 v.37 pp. 131-144
- European Union; biogeography; conservation areas; databases; decision making; forest communities; forest habitats; highlands; indicator species; models; planning; prediction; raster data; regression analysis; surveys; temperate forests; Germany
- ... Recent assessments have identified significant shortfalls in the current Natura 2000 network approach for identifying protected areas throughout the European Union. A more systematic conservation network planning approach that adopts strategic development options and considers the occurrences of species and habitats within the distribution ranges of species across larger areas is needed in order t ...