Jump to Main Content
- Toledo, David, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- ARS USDA Submissions 2014 v.69 no.3 pp. 73A
- biogeochemical cycles; ecosystem services; ecosystems; energy flow; hydrologic cycle; inventories; rangeland soils; rangelands; soil productivity; soil quality; soil treatment; Great Plains region
- ... As the science related to soil and rangeland health evolves, so do their protocols and assessment methodologies. Rangeland health assessments consist of evaluating how well ecological processes such as the water cycle, energy flow and nutrient cycling are functioning at a site. Soil health is the capacity of a soil to maintain its function and flow of ecosystem services given a specific set of phy ...
- Toledo, David, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Invasive plant science and management 2014 v.7 no.4 pp. 543-552
- Poa pratensis; cool season grasses; ecosystem services; ecosystems; indigenous species; introduced plants; invasive species; range management; rangelands; species diversity; Great Plains region; United States
- ... The geographic spread of Kentucky bluegrass in rangelands of the USA has increased significantly over the past decades. Preliminary analysis of National Resources Inventory data indicates that Kentucky bluegrass occupies a majority of ecological sites across the Northern Great Plains. Despite its fast introduction and expansion, the consequences of Kentucky bluegrass expansion on native plant spec ...