Jump to Main Content
- Frauke Fedderwitz; Niklas Björklund; Velemir Ninkovic; Göran Nordlander
- Physiological entomology 2014 v.39 no.2 pp. 103-110
- Hylobius abietis; Picea abies; adults; egg production; females; forest regeneration; girdling; locomotion; males; plant response; seedlings; Europe
- ... The pine weevil [Hylobius abietis (L.); Coleoptera: Curculionidae] has a high economic impact on forest regeneration in Europe. The general biology of the pine weevil has received considerable attention, although there is insufficient knowledge about its diel behaviour and time budget. Therefore, in the present study, the feeding and locomotion behaviour of individual adult weevils on Norway spruc ...
- Sacha Legrand; Göran Nordlander; Henrik Nordenhem; Anna-Karin Borg-Karlsonc; C. Rikard Uneliusa
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung B 2014 v.59 no.7 pp. 829-835
- Hylobius abietis; antifeedants; antifeeding activity; bark; bioassays; esterification; esters; forest pests; insecticides; isomers; methanolysis; moieties; regioselectivity; seedlings; Europe
- ... The pine weevil Hylobius abietis (L.) (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) feeds on the bark of coniferous seedlings and is the economically most important forestry restocking pest in large parts of Europe. Substances with an antifeedant effect may offer an environmentally friendly alternative to insecticides for the protection of planted seedlings. Bioassays were performed on commercial and synthetic meth ...