Jump to Main Content
- Langsrud, Solveig, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2014 v.185 pp. 82-92
- Bacillus cereus; Bacillus weihenstephanensis; Listeria monocytogenes; Staphylococcus aureus; Yersinia enterocolitica; agar; ambient temperature; breakfast; case studies; human diseases; luncheon meats; models; pathogens; poisoning; ready-to-eat foods; refrigerators; safety factor; vacations
- ... It is crucial for the quality and safety of ready-to-eat (RTE) foods to maintain the cold chain from production to consumption. The effect of temperature abuse related to daily meals and elevated refrigerator temperatures on the growth and toxin production of Bacillus cereus, Bacillus weihenstephanensis and Staphylococcus aureus and the growth of Listeria monocytogenes and Yersinia enterocolitica ...
- Langsrud, Solveig, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of dairy research 2014 v.81 no.1 pp. 113-119
- Listeria monocytogenes; fresh cheeses; genome; humans; listeriosis; loci; minisatellite repeats; mortality; pH; pathogens; risk reduction; salt concentration; sodium chloride
- ... The aim of the study was to investigate how the use of fresh cheese brines compared with used brines and various combinations of pH and NaCl concentrations affected the survival of Listeria monocytogenes. Cheese brines from five Norwegian small scale cheese producers were analysed and showed great variations in pH (4·54–6·01) and NaCl concentrations (14·1–26·9 %). The survival of five strains of L ...
- Langsrud, Solveig, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Food control 2014 v.44 pp. 92-109
- Campylobacter; Cronobacter; Escherichia coli O157; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella; cattle production; food chain; food pathogens; food production; food safety; secondary productivity; swine
- ... This review highlights factors involved in the persistence of foodborne pathogens in selected food chains and covers aspects of the basis for persistence, the consequences of persistence in terms of food safety implications, and the strategies that can be employed to combat persistence. The examples selected are Escherichia coli O157 and Salmonella at primary production of cattle and pigs, respect ...