Jump to Main Content
- Ortega, E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Eurasian soil science 2014 v.47 no.10 pp. 1005-1014
- Calcisols; Vertisols; carbonates; equations; leaching; microrelief; molasses; sediments; soil properties; Spain
- ... The analytical, mineralogical and micromorphological characteristics of Calcisols are studied here, in order to improve their genesis and influence in soil properties. Two main features stand out: one being of a colluvial nature, consisting molasses and bioclastic molasses (postorogenic marine detrital sediments whose origin is the upper-middle Miocene) over primitive haplic Vertisols, with appear ...
- García-Ortega, E., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Atmospheric research 2014 v.149 pp. 244-254
- altitude; case studies; cold; freezing; humidity; ice; microwave radiometers; monitoring; mountains; radar; rain; remote sensing; snow; snowpack; temperature; Iberian Peninsula; Spain
- ... On 5 February 2012 an episode of freezing precipitation took place in the Guadarrama Mountains, at the center of the Iberian Peninsula. This precipitation affected high elevations, where temperatures remained below freezing because of snow cover that had accumulated from snowfall during the previous days. The case study was recorded by surface synoptic observations (SYNOP) at Navacerrada Pass mete ...