Jump to Main Content
- Guoqiang Xu; Tijs Lammens; Qiang Liu; Xicheng Wang; Linlin Dong; Aldo Caiazzo; Nadim Ashraf; Jing Guan; Xindong Mu
- Green chemistry 2014 v.16 no.8 pp. 3971-3977
- air; aqueous solutions; biofuels; biomass; butanol; catalysts; condensation reactions; ethanol; fermentation; green chemistry; iridium
- ... Bio-alcohols (e.g. ethanol, butanol) are primarily obtained as diluted aqueous solutions from biomass fermentation, and thus the subsequent isolation is a very costly process. So the direct transformation of bio-alcohols in water will have great advantages. This study describes the development of catalysts used for the self-condensation of bio-alcohols in water (that mimic the primary fermentation ...
- Yicheng Zhang; Kake Zhu; Xuezhi Duan; Xinggui Zhou; Weikang Yuan
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2014 v.2 no.43 pp. 18666-18676
- benzaldehyde; butanol; catalytic activity; composite polymers; condensation reactions; cyclohexanones; methanol; nanocrystallites; polyamines; quaternary ammonium compounds; zeolites
- ... The epichlorohydrin-N,N-dimethyl-1,3-diaminopropane copolymer (PCA) has been introduced for the first time as a meso-template to successfully synthesize a hierarchical ZSM-5 zeolite (PCA-ZSM-5) with mesopores of 7–50 nm in diameter by using small-sized nanoblocks. However, when its structural analogue epichlorohydrin–dimethylamine polyamine (PCS) is used, the obtained ZSM-5 zeolite (PCS-ZSM-5) has ...