Jump to Main Content
- Demey‐Cedeño, Hary; Ruiz, Montserrat; Barron‐Zambrano, Jesús Alberto; Sastre, Ana Maria
- Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology 2014 v.89 no.6 pp. 934-940
- calcium alginate, etc ; adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; biotechnology; boron; equations; gels; models; pH; process design; temperature; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: A column sorption study was carried out using calcium alginate gel beads as adsorbent for the removal of boron from aqueous solutions. The breakthrough curve was obtained as a function of pH, initial concentration of boron, feed flow rate, adsorbent mass and column diameter. The breakthrough capacity values and adsorption percentage of calcium alginate gel for boron were calculated. Co ...
- PubMed Central:
- Nagarajan, Saisubramanian; Kruckeberg, Arthur L.; Schmidt, Karen H.; Kroll, Evgueny; Hamilton, Morgan; McInnerney, Kate; Summers, Ryan; Taylor, Timothy; Rosenzweig, Frank
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.15 pp. E1538
- calcium alginate, etc ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; bioreactors; cell cycle; cell walls; cyclins; eukaryotic cells; gene expression regulation; genes; glycolysis; heat; immobilized cells; longevity; low calorie diet; phenotype; reproduction; stress tolerance; transcription factors; tricarboxylic acid cycle; viability; yeasts; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Studies of replicative and chronological lifespan in Saccharomyces cerevisiae have advanced understanding of longevity in all eukaryotes. Chronological lifespan in this species is defined as the age-dependent viability of nondividing cells. To date this parameter has only been estimated under calorie restriction, mimicked by starvation. Because postmitotic cells in higher eukaryotes often do not s ...
- PubMed Central: