Jump to Main Content
- Somarriba, Eduardo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Agroforestry systems 2014 v.88 no.6 pp. 1001-1019
- Cordia alliodora; Theobroma; agroforestry; canopy; crop production; demographic statistics; ecosystem services; farmers; farms; forest stands; income; landscapes; livelihood; plantations; population dynamics; trees; Costa Rica
- ... Cocoa–timber systems have been proposed as viable alternative for simultaneously satisfying the livelihood needs of the farmers (in terms of production of cocoa and other goods for family use or sale) while improving the capacity of the cocoa agroforestry system to provide other ecosystem services at both the plot and landscape level. In this paper we explored the demographics, population dynamics ...
- Somarriba, Eduardo, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Agroforestry systems 2014 v.88 no.6 pp. 957-981
- Bactris gasipaes var. gasipaes; agroforestry; bananas; canopy; cash costs; ecosystem services; farmers; food security; fruits; household income; landscapes; livelihood; oranges; species diversity
- ... While the potential of agroforestry products to contribute to rural livelihoods is well-recognized, the quantification of their yields, incomes, and value for domestic consumption (VDC) and knowledge about their relationships with biodiversity are still scarce. This information is crucial for choosing the best strategy for growing cocoa in tropical landscapes while conserving biodiversity and enha ...