Jump to Main Content
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2014 v.98 no.10 pp. 4389-4398
- Escherichia coli; Gram-negative bacteria; Pseudomonas denitrificans; aerobic conditions; alcohol dehydrogenase; carbon; choline; energy; glycerol; mutants
- ... Pseudomonas denitrificans is a gram-negative bacterium that can produce vitamin B₁₂under aerobic conditions. Recently, recombinant strains of P. denitrificans overexpressing a vitamin B₁₂-dependent glycerol dehydratase (DhaB) were developed to produce 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) from glycerol. The recombinant P. denitrificans could produce 3-HP successfully under aerobic conditions without an e ...
- Park, Sunghoon, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2014 v.159 pp. 223-231
- Klebsiella pneumoniae; carbon; glycerol; lactic acid; lipopolysaccharides; metabolites; mutants; toxicity
- ... Recently, novel Klebsiella pneumoniae J2B, which grows rapidly on glycerol as the carbon source without forming pathogenic and sticky lipopolysaccharides, was isolated. Current study examined the ability of K. pneumoniae J2B to produce 1,3-propanediol (PDO) from glycerol. To this end, a deletion mutant for lactate formation was constructed. The ldhA mutant strain produced negligible lactate but mo ...