Jump to Main Content
- Chen, De, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2014 v.53 no.5 pp. 1787-1793
- Fischer-Tropsch reaction; adsorption; biomass; calorimetry; carbon monoxide; catalysts; catalytic activity; engineering; feedstocks; geometry; hydrogen; hydrogenation; sodium; synthesis gas
- ... In Fischer–Tropsch synthesis (FTS), sodium impurities originating from biomass feedstock can be introduced into the catalyst as traces via the synthesis gas. The addition of small amounts of Na to a Co-based Fischer–Tropsch catalyst has been studied in terms of catalytic performance and key characteristics. The Na addition had a severe effect on the catalytic performance, causing significant suppr ...
- Chen, De, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2014 v.136 no.48 pp. 16736-16739
- adsorption; ammonia; catalysts; dehydrogenation; durability; hydrogen production; models; particle size; platinum
- ... We report a size-dependent activity in Pt/CNT catalyzed hydrolytic dehydrogenation of ammonia borane. Kinetic study and model calculations revealed that Pt(111) facet is the dominating catalytically active surface. There is an optimized Pt particle size of ca. 1.8 nm. Meanwhile, the catalyst durability was found to be highly sensitive to the Pt particle size. The smaller Pt particles appear to hav ...