Jump to Main Content
- Duan Xuezhi, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2014 v.136 no.48 pp. 16736-16739
- adsorption; ammonia; catalysts; dehydrogenation; durability; hydrogen production; models; particle size; platinum
- ... We report a size-dependent activity in Pt/CNT catalyzed hydrolytic dehydrogenation of ammonia borane. Kinetic study and model calculations revealed that Pt(111) facet is the dominating catalytically active surface. There is an optimized Pt particle size of ca. 1.8 nm. Meanwhile, the catalyst durability was found to be highly sensitive to the Pt particle size. The smaller Pt particles appear to hav ...
- Duan Xuezhi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2014 v.53 no.42 pp. 16309-16315
- active sites; carbon nanotubes; catalysts; engineering; glyceraldehyde; glycerol; nanoparticles; oxidation; particle size; platinum
- ... Different sized Pt nanoparticles supported on carbon nanotubes were prepared and then applied in selective oxidation of glycerol in a base-free condition to understand the size effects. It is shown that the turnover frequency of glycerol increases with Pt particle size to a maximum at the mean size of 2.5 nm followed by a decline with a further increase in size, which may be due to strongly adsorb ...