Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Guang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Human and ecological risk assessment 2014 v.20 no.4 pp. 929-940
- Rotavirus; autumn; beaches; cell culture; dose response; epidemiological studies; humans; models; pathogenicity; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; risk; risk assessment; seawater; viruses; water quality; winter; China
- ... Dose-response data indicate that rotavirus (RV) may be one of the more infective agents among enteric viruses. The major limitation at present in the assessment of infection from rotavirus is lack of quantitative data on viral infectivity. In this work, an integrated cell culture and real-time quantitative polymerase chain reaction (ICC-qPCR) method and a Beta-Poisson model for risk assessment wer ...
- Yang, Guang, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biological trace element research 2014 v.159 no.1-3 pp. 69-80
- DNA; DNA methylation; animal models; cardiomyopathy; cell culture; epigenetics; etiology; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; genomic islands; inflammation; messenger RNA; myocardium; patients; precipitin tests; promoter regions; rats; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; selenium
- ... Keshan disease (KD) is a fatal dilated cardiomyopathy with unknown etiology, and selenium deficiency is considered the main cause of KD. Several observations implicate a role for altered DNA methylation in selenium deficiency-related diseases. The aim of the present study was to investigate the epigenetic effects of selenium (Se) on DNA methylation and gene expression in Keshan disease. Using meth ...