Jump to Main Content
- Soukoulis, Christos; Yonekura, Lina; Gan, Heng-Hui; Behboudi-Jobbehdar, Solmaz; Parmenter, Christopher; Fisk, Ian
- Food hydrocolloids 2014 v.39 pp. 231-242
- sodium alginate, etc ; Lactobacillus rhamnosus; World Health Organization; air drying; ambient temperature; breads; cell viability; digestion; edible films; grain products; headspace analysis; humans; hydrocolloids; in vitro digestion; probiotics; storage temperature; storage time; texture; whey protein concentrate; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... In the present paper, a novel approach for the development of probiotic baked cereal products is presented. Probiotic pan bread constructed by the application of film forming solutions based either on individual hydrogels e.g. 1% w/w sodium alginate (ALG) or binary blends of 0.5% w/w sodium alginate and 2% whey protein concentrate (ALG/WPC) containing Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG, followed by an air ...
- PubMed Central:
- Yonekura, Lina; Sun, Han; Soukoulis, Christos; Fisk, Ian
- Journal of functional foods 2014 v.6 pp. 205-214
- sodium alginate, etc ; Lactobacillus acidophilus; cell viability; chitosan; digestion; glucose; in vitro digestion; maltodextrins; methylcellulose; microencapsulation; physicochemical properties; powders; soluble fiber; spray drying; storage quality; survival rate; whey protein concentrate; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... We evaluated sodium alginate, chitosan and hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC) as co-encapsulants for spray dried Lactobacillus acidophilus NCIMB 701748 by assessing their impact on cell viability and physicochemical properties of the dried powders, viability over 35days of storage at 25°C and survival after simulated digestion. Fibres were added to a control carrier medium containing whey protei ...
- PubMed Central: