Jump to Main Content
- Deniaud-Bouët, Estelle; Kervarec, Nelly; Michel, Gurvan; Tonon, Thierry; Kloareg, Bernard; Hervé, Cécile
- Annals of botany 2014 v.114 no.6 pp. 1203-1216
- alginates, etc ; Fucales; cell fractionation; cell wall components; cell walls; cellulose; chromatography; crosslinking; evolution; extracellular matrix; fucoidan; osmotic stress; phenols; polymers; proteins; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Background and Aims Brown algae are photosynthetic multicellular marine organisms evolutionarily distant from land plants, with a distinctive cell wall. They feature carbohydrates shared with plants (cellulose), animals (fucose-containing sulfated polysaccharides, FCSPs) or bacteria (alginates). How these components are organized into a three-dimensional extracellular matrix (ECM) still remains un ...
- PubMed Central:
- PMC4195554 [Available on 10/01/15]
- Nagarajan, Saisubramanian; Kruckeberg, Arthur L.; Schmidt, Karen H.; Kroll, Evgueny; Hamilton, Morgan; McInnerney, Kate; Summers, Ryan; Taylor, Timothy; Rosenzweig, Frank
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.15 pp. E1538
- calcium alginate, etc ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; bioreactors; cell cycle; cell walls; cyclins; eukaryotic cells; gene expression regulation; genes; glycolysis; heat; immobilized cells; longevity; low calorie diet; phenotype; reproduction; stress tolerance; transcription factors; tricarboxylic acid cycle; viability; yeasts; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Studies of replicative and chronological lifespan in Saccharomyces cerevisiae have advanced understanding of longevity in all eukaryotes. Chronological lifespan in this species is defined as the age-dependent viability of nondividing cells. To date this parameter has only been estimated under calorie restriction, mimicked by starvation. Because postmitotic cells in higher eukaryotes often do not s ...
- PubMed Central: