Jump to Main Content
- Marquis, Grace S.; Colecraft, Esi K.
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; animal-based foods; caregivers; child nutrition; children; cognition; community programs; eggs; entrepreneurship; income; livestock; loans; meat; milk; nutrition education; nutritional status; organ meats; profits and margins; t-test; Ghana; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Low caregiver income and poor nutrition knowledge and skills are important barriers to achieving optimal child feeding in rural Ghana. An integrated microcredit and nutrition education intervention was implemented to address these barriers. Using a quasi-experimental design, 134 caregivers of children 2 to 5 years of age in six intervention communities were enrolled into self-selected savings and ...
- Zarnowiecki, D. M.; Dollman, J.; Parletta, N.
- Obesity reviews 2014 v.15 no.5 pp. 375-391
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; beverages; child nutrition; children; databases; developed countries; epidemiological studies; food availability; food intake; fruits; models; parent education; risk; socioeconomic status; systematic review; vegetables; Europe; North America; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Socioeconomically disadvantaged children are at higher risk of consuming poor diets, in particular less fruits and vegetables and more non‐core foods and sweetened beverages. Currently the drivers of socioeconomically related differences in children's dietary intake are not well understood. This systematic review explored whether dietary predictors vary for children of different socioeconomic circ ...