Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: allen?
- Allan, Andrew C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Phytochemistry 2014 v.107 pp. 16-23
- Pyrus communis; Pyrus pyrifolia; anthocyanins; binding sites; biochemical pathways; branches; bud sport; color; cultivars; enzymes; gene expression; genes; hybrids; leaves; methylation; mutation; open reading frames; pears; pigmentation; promoter regions; shoots; tissues; yeasts; China
- ... ‘Zaosu’ pear, a hybrid of Pyrus pyrifolia and Pyrus communis, is a popular cultivar developed in China. ‘Zaosu Red’ is a bud sport of ‘Zaosu’ with red shoots, young leaves, and fruit. After grafting of ‘Zaosu Red’, reverse mutations in some branches lead to a loss of colour in leaves and stems. Also, the mature fruit of ‘Zaosu Red’ exhibits two phenotypes; fully red and striped. The aim of this st ...
- Allan, Andrew C, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- BMC plant biology 2014 v.14 no.1 pp. 388
- Prunus persica; alleles; anthocyanins; color; cultivars; leaves; linkage groups; peaches; pigmentation; tobacco; transcription (genetics); transcription factors; transcriptome; transcriptomics
- ... BACKGROUND: Leaf red coloration is an important characteristic in many plant species, including cultivars of ornamental peach (Prunus persica). Peach leaf color is controlled by a single Gr gene on linkage group 6, with a red allele dominant over the green allele. Here, we report the identification of a candidate gene of Gr in peach. RESULTS: The red coloration of peach leaves is due to accumulati ...
- PubMed Central: