Jump to Main Content
- Díez, Concepción M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2014 v.177 pp. 43-46
- DNA fingerprinting; Olea europaea; cultivars; endosperm; microsatellite repeats; olives; polyembryony; seedlings; seeds
- ... The occurrence of spontaneous sexual polyembryony is described and characterized for cultivated olive (Olea europaea L.). We screened seeds from 24 olive cultivars and found significant differences in the frequency of polyembryonic seeds between them. Cultivar ‘Cornicabra’ and, especially, ‘Meski’ yielded the highest ratio of polyembryonic seeds (1.6% and 3.0%, respectively), indicating that polye ...
- Diez, Concepcion M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Tree genetics & genomes 2014 v.10 no.1 pp. 141-155
- crops; cultivars; genotype; germplasm; microsatellite repeats; olives; Spain
- ... Olive is one of the most ancient crop plants and the World Olive Germplasm Bank of Cordoba (WOGBC), Spain, is one of the world’s largest collections of olive germplasm. We used 33 SSR (Simple Sequence Repeats) markers and 11 morphological characteristics of the endocarp to characterise, identify and authenticate 824 trees, representing 499 accessions from 21 countries of origin, from the WOGBC col ...