Jump to Main Content
- Jokela, Venla; Virkajärvi, Perttu; Tanskanen, Jaakko; Seppänen, Mervi M.
- Physiologia plantarum 2014 v.152 no.1 pp. 152-163
- forage grasses, etc ; Phleum pratense; canopy; cultivars; dry matter accumulation; flowering; gene expression regulation; genes; gibberellic acid; photoperiod; stem elongation; tillers; vernalization; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Timothy (Phleum pratense) is a widely grown perennial forage grass in the Nordic region. The canopy consists of three tiller types, of which the stem forming vegetative elongating (ELONG) tiller and generative (GEN) tillers contribute the most to dry matter yield. In this study, the regulation of tiller formation by vernalization, day length (DL) [12 h, short day length (SD); 16 h, long day length ...
- Persson, Tomas; Höglind, Mats; Gustavsson, Anne-Maj; Halling, Magnus; Jauhiainen, Lauri; Niemeläinen, Oiva; Thorvaldsson, Gudni; Virkajärvi, Perttu
- Field crops research 2014 v.161 pp. 87-97
- forage grasses, etc ; Phleum pratense; biomass production; climate change; data collection; dry matter accumulation; field experimentation; prediction; simulation models; Finland; Iceland; Norway; Scandinavia; Sweden; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Simulation models are frequently applied to determine the production potential of forage grasses under various scenarios, including climate change. Thorough calibrations and evaluations of forage grass models can help improve their applicability. This study evaluated the ability of the Light Interception and Utilization Simulator-GRAss (LINGRA) model to predict biomass yield of timothy (Phleum pra ...