Jump to Main Content
- Bruns, M.C.; Ezekoye, O.A.
- Journal of analytical and applied pyrolysis 2014 v.105 pp. 241-251
- specific heat, etc ; absorption; biogeography; differential scanning calorimetry; energy; enthalpy; equations; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; heat; mixing; models; polyethylene; pyrolysis; thermoplastics; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) of thermally degrading thermoplastics is modeled using a discrete population balance equation (PBE). The PBE allows for species mole change due to pyrolysis and bubbling mass loss. Efficient solution is achieved by lumping non-volatile species into a single, notional “polymer” species. Thermodynamic properties are calculated by group additivity techniques, a ...
- Repka, M.; Lion, A.
- Thermochimica acta 2014 v.581 pp. 62-69
- specific heat, etc ; computer software; differential scanning calorimetry; energy; films (materials); finite element analysis; heat transfer; mathematical models; polymers; thermal expansion; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... In , the thermo-elastic approach developed in  has been applied to model the calorimetric behaviour of thin polymer films which are deposited on metal substrates. The expression to calculate the specific heat of the constrained film was derived. In the current paper, this approach will be validated by the numerical simulation of the related boundary value problem. With the finite element sol ...