Jump to Main Content
- Jaspers, Veerle L.B., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2014 v.472 pp. 454-462
- Tyto alba; birds of prey; early warning systems; environmental health; feathers; flame retardants; food chain; liver; molting; muscles; pollution; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; preening; tail; tissues; urbanization; uropygial gland; Belgium; France; Netherlands
- ... The present study investigated the current-use brominated flame retardants (BFRs) tetrabromobisphenol A (TBBPA) and hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD), simultaneously with legacy polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), in Barn Owls (Tyto alba) collected from two regions with a contrasting degree of urbanisation and vicinity to point sources (Flanders in Belgium versus Normandy in France). Both tissues ...
- Jaspers, Veerle L.B., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2014 v.478 pp. 48-57
- DDE (pesticide); Haliaeetus albicilla; anthropogenic activities; bioaccumulation; feathers; flame retardants; nestlings; nitrogen; phosphates; phosphorus; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; polychlorinated biphenyls; stable isotopes; toxicity; urbanization; Norway
- ... Very little is known on the exposure of high trophic level species to current-use brominated (BFRs) and phosphorus flame retardants (PFRs), although observations on their persistence, bioaccumulation potential, and toxicity have been made. We investigated the accumulation of BFRs and PFRs, and their associations with dietary proxies (δ13C, δ15N and δ34S), in plasma and feathers of White-tailed Eag ...