Jump to Main Content
- Blanchard, Wade, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Diversity & distributions 2014 v.20 no.4 pp. 467-477
- Bayesian theory; birds; environmental factors; fire severity; forests; philopatry; species diversity; topography; vegetation cover; wildfires
- ... AIM: To quantify bird responses to a large unplanned fire, taking into consideration landscape‐level fire severity and extent, pre‐fire site detection frequency and environmental gradients. LOCATION: South‐eastern Australia. METHODS: A major wildfire in 2009 coincided with a long‐term study of birds and provided a rare opportunity to quantify bird responses to wildfire. Using hierarchical Bayesian ...
- Blanchard, Wade, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Conservation letters 2014 v.7 no.1 pp. 61-69
- browsing; carbon; ecosystems; forests; herbivores; issues and policy; mortality; recruitment; salvage logging; savannas; spray drift; trees; wildlife habitats; woodlands
- ... Large old trees are critical organisms and ecological structures in forests, woodlands, savannas, and agricultural and urban environments. They play many essential ecological roles ranging from the storage of large amounts of carbon to the provision of key habitats for wildlife. Some of these roles cannot be replaced by other structures. Large old trees are disproportionately vulnerable to loss in ...