Jump to Main Content
- Moldal, Torfinn; Løkka, Guro; Wiik-Nielsen, Jannicke; Austbø, Lars; Torstensen, Bente E; Rosenlund, Grethe; Dale, Ole Bendik; Kaldhusdal, Magne; Koppang, Erling Olaf
- BMC veterinary research 2014 v.10 no.1 pp. 879
- polyunsaturated fatty acids, etc ; Salmo salar; absorption; carcinogenesis; colitis; colorectal neoplasms; diet; epithelial cells; feeds; fish feeding; fish meal; fish oils; genes; human health; humans; immunohistochemistry; inflammation; ingredients; messenger RNA; morphometry; olive oil; omega-6 fatty acids; rapeseed oil; raw materials; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; risk; rodents; soybean oil; vegetable oil; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Fish meal and fish oil are increasingly replaced by ingredients from terrestrial sources in the feeds for farmed salmonids due to expanding production and reduced availability of marine feed raw material. Fish oil that is rich in n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids is considered beneficial to human health in general and to prevent intestinal inflammation and carcinogenesis in particular. I ...
- PubMed Central:
- Beike, Anna K.; Jaeger, Carsten; Zink, Felix; Decker, Eva L.; Reski, Ralf
- Plant cell reports 2014 v.33 no.2 pp. 245-254
- long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids, etc ; Physcomitrella patens; arachidonic acid; bioreactors; developmental stages; diet; endoplasmic reticulum; fatty acid composition; gametophores; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; homologous recombination; human health; humans; in vitro culture; metabolic engineering; metabolic studies; metabolites; microarray technology; mosses and liverworts; nucleotide sequences; protonemata; stearoyl-CoA desaturase; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Mosses have high contents of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Tissue-specific differences in fatty acid contents and fatty acid desaturase (FADS)-encoding gene expression exist. The arachidonic acid-synthesizing FADS operate in the ER. Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) are important cellular compounds with manifold biological functions. Many PUFAs are essential for the human diet and b ...
- PubMed Central: