Jump to Main Content
- Bruns, M.C.; Ezekoye, O.A.
- Journal of analytical and applied pyrolysis 2014 v.105 pp. 241-251
- specific heat, etc ; absorption; biogeography; differential scanning calorimetry; energy; enthalpy; equations; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; heat; mixing; models; polyethylene; pyrolysis; thermoplastics; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) of thermally degrading thermoplastics is modeled using a discrete population balance equation (PBE). The PBE allows for species mole change due to pyrolysis and bubbling mass loss. Efficient solution is achieved by lumping non-volatile species into a single, notional “polymer” species. Thermodynamic properties are calculated by group additivity techniques, a ...
- Lee, Tu; Lee, Yun; Lee, Hung Lin; Syue, Yu Ren; Chiu, Yu Hsiu; Liou, Jiun-You; Sun, Ya-Sen
- Thermochimica acta 2014 v.591 pp. 61-67
- specific heat, etc ; ceramides; differential scanning calorimetry; dodecanoic acid; heat; humans; mixing; nanomaterials; paraffin wax; phase transition; polyethylene glycol; small-angle X-ray scattering; stearic acid; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Two lipid blends with molar ratios of 2:1:1 and 1.13:1:1 of ceramide (type IV):cholesterol:palmitic acid, namely blends A and B, are prepared, respectively, based on stratum corneum of human. The phase behaviors and nanostructures of those blends have been fully characterized by low-temperature differential scanning calorimetry and small-angle X-ray scattering. The large-scale thermal properties o ...