Jump to Main Content
- Porensky, Lauren M.; Leger, Elizabeth A.; Davison, Jay; Miller, W. Wally; Goergen, Erin M.; Espeland, Erin K.; Carroll-Moore, Erin M.
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2014 v.184 pp. 135
- herbaceous plants, etc ; abandoned land; agricultural land; annuals; arid zones; biodiversity; biomass; carbon sequestration; ecosystem services; ecosystems; grasses; habitats; indigenous species; invasive species; irrigation; land restoration; perennials; plant density; plant establishment; shrubs; soil stabilization; sowing; water stress; weeds; wildlife; wind erosion; Great Basin States; North America; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... Rates of cropland abandonment in arid regions are increasing, and abandoned fields in such regions can have low levels of ecosystem function and biodiversity. Long-lived, drought-tolerant shrubs are dominant components of many arid ecosystems, providing multiple ecosystem services such as soil stabilization, herbaceous plant facilitation, carbon storage and wildlife habitat. On abandoned agricultu ...
- Huang, Chun-Shuai; Luo, Shi-Hong; Li, Yao-Lan; Li, Chun-Huan; Hua, Juan; Liu, Yan; Jing, Shu-Xi; Wang, Ying; Yang, Min-Jie; Li, Sheng-Hong
- Nat. Prod. Bioprospect. 2014 v.4 no.2 pp. 91-100
- herbaceous plants, etc ; Euphorbia; Spodoptera exigua; antifeedants; antifeeding activity; biodiversity; chemical constituents of plants; diterpenoids; grasslands; inhibitory concentration 50; median effective concentration; metabolites; noxious weeds; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; phytophagous insects; roots; viruses; China; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The perennial herbaceous plant Euphorbia jolkinii (Euphorbiaceae) is a noxious weed widely distributed in the grasslands of northwestern Yunnan and has greatly threatened the local biodiversity. Phytochemical investigation on the fresh roots of E. jolkinii afforded six new diterpenoids 1, 2, 4–6, and 8, together with fifteen known diterpenoids. Their structures were elucidated on the basis of 1D a ...
- PubMed Central: