Jump to Main Content
- Frauke Fedderwitz; Niklas Björklund; Velemir Ninkovic; Göran Nordlander
- Physiological entomology 2014 v.39 no.2 pp. 103-110
- Hylobius abietis; Picea abies; adults; egg production; females; forest regeneration; girdling; locomotion; males; plant response; seedlings; Europe
- ... The pine weevil [Hylobius abietis (L.); Coleoptera: Curculionidae] has a high economic impact on forest regeneration in Europe. The general biology of the pine weevil has received considerable attention, although there is insufficient knowledge about its diel behaviour and time budget. Therefore, in the present study, the feeding and locomotion behaviour of individual adult weevils on Norway spruc ...
- Monika Dering; Andrzej Misiorny; Władysław Chałupka
- Canadian journal of forest research = 2014 v.44 no.7 pp. 760-767
- Picea abies; clones; genetic markers; geographical variation; males; mating systems; paternity; pollen flow; progeny; provenance; seed orchards; seed trees; selfing
- ... We aimed to investigate inter-year variability in mating system and paternity in an experimental Norway spruce (Picea abies (L.) Karst.) clonal seed orchard that was established with five geographically distinct populations. Using five nuclear microsatellite markers, we analysed 1396 progeny of five mother trees representing each of the populations in three successive mast-years. Selfing varied am ...