Jump to Main Content
- Chin, Young-Won, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Archives of pharmacal research 2014 v.37 no.9 pp. 1201-1210
- Styrax; animal disease models; anti-inflammatory activity; asthma; blood serum; cytokines; drugs; gelatinase B; immunoglobulin E; inducible nitric oxide synthase; inflammation; lignans; medicinal plants; mice; mucus; ovalbumin; Korean Peninsula
- ... Homoegonol is a lignan derived from styraxlignolide A, which was isolated from Styrax japonica, a medicinal plant widely used for treatment of inflammatory diseases in Korea. We investigated the efficacy of homoegonol for the treatment of allergic asthma using an ovalbumin (OVA)-induced murine asthma model. The mice were sensitized through intraperitoneal injections of OVA on days 0 and 14. On day ...
- Chin, Young-Won, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2014 v.66 pp. 140-146
- absorption; animal models; binding proteins; bioactive compounds; blood proteins; disease models; lethal concentration 50; mangosteens; mice; pharmacokinetics; tissue distribution
- ... The commercially available herbal products as the form of extract were usually mixtures containing various compounds. In spite of the purported efficacy in each active constituent, the coexisting constituents in the herbal extract might interfere with the efficacy and safety and affect the pharmacokinetic properties of active constituents. To compare for the pharmacokinetic properties of α-mangost ...