Jump to Main Content
- Rihan, Hail Z.; Al-Issawi, Mohammed; Al Shamari, Magda; Woldie, Wondwossen Abate; Kiernan, Michele; Fuller, Michael P.
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2014 v.118 no.2 pp. 215-228
- artificial seeds, etc ; Brassica oleracea var. botrytis; abiotic stress; cauliflower; cold tolerance; micropropagation; molybdenum; polypeptides; production technology; proteins; temperature; viability; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Molybdenum (Mo) was used to improve the cold tolerance of cauliflower microshoots/artificial seeds. The optimal stage to introduce Mo to the micropropagation system was found to be the microshoots liquid culture stage, since its use within artificial seed capsules or conversion media had negative effects on conversion rate and viability. Mo was found to improve the cold tolerance of both acclimate ...
- Bukhari, N. A. W.; Siddique, Iram; Perveen, K.; Siddiqui, I.; Alwahibi, M. S.
- Acta biologica Hungarica 2014 v.65 no.3 pp. 355-367
- artificial seeds, etc ; Senna alexandrina; calcium alginate; catalase; cold storage; culture media; encapsulation; gels; greenhouses; growth chambers; growth performance; indole acetic acid; indole butyric acid; medicinal plants; micropropagation; photosynthesis; pigments; plantlets; roots; seedlings; shoots; sodium alginate; superoxide dismutase; survival rate; thidiazuron; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Synthetic seed technology is an alternative to traditional micropropagation for production and delivery of cloned plantlets. Synthetic seeds were produced by encapsulating nodal segments of C. angustifolia in calcium alginate gel. 3% (w/v) sodium alginate and 100 mM CaCl2 · 2H2O were found most suitable for encapsulation of nodal segments. Synthetic seeds cultured on h ...
- Gupta, Amit K.; Harish,; Rai, Manoj K.; Phulwaria, Mahendra; Agarwal, Tanvi; Shekhawat, N. S.
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2014 v.173 no.6 pp. 1481-1494
- artificial seeds, etc ; Terminalia arjuna; acetic acid; agar; calcium chloride; encapsulation; explants; genetic variation; genotype; germplasm exchange; greenhouses; in vitro regeneration; indole butyric acid; mature plants; medicinal plants; micropropagation; naphthaleneacetic acid; plantlets; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; rooting; shoots; sodium alginate; temperature; trees; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... The present study described an improved and reproducible in vitro regeneration system for Terminalia arjuna using nodal segment explants obtained from a mature plant. Shoot tips excised from in vitro proliferated shoots were encapsulated in 3 % sodium alginate and 100 mM CaCl₂[Symbol: see text]2H₂O for the development of synthetic seeds which may be applicable in short-term storage and germplasm e ...