Jump to Main Content
- Olakolu, Fisayo Christie, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Zoology and ecology 2014 v.24 no.3 pp. 278-284
- Callinectes; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; cadmium; catalase; copper; crabs; discriminant analysis; dry season; ecology; enzyme activity; glutathione; glutathione peroxidase; lead; malondialdehyde; prediction; superoxide dismutase; wet season; zinc; zoology
- ... Trace metal residues (Zn, Pb, Cd and Cu) and antioxidant enzyme activity (superoxide dismutase (SOD), glutathione peroxidase (GPx), catalase, reduced glutathione and malondialdehyde and total protein) were measured across seasons in the ovarian tissue of blue crabs Callinectes amnicola from the Lagos lagoon areas receiving industrial discharges and from the unpolluted mid-lagoon (reference site). ...
- CHRISTIE, P., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Pedosphere 2014 v.24 no.1 pp. 107-115
- Vigna radiata; antioxidant activity; ascorbate peroxidase; biomass; catechol oxidase; dibutyl phthalate; free amino acids; germination; glutathione; malondialdehyde; mung beans; peroxidase; phytotoxicity; pollutants; proline; root growth; roots; seedlings; shoots; soil; sugars; superoxide dismutase
- ... Single phytotoxicity of two representative phthalate esters (PAEs), di-n-butyl phthalate (DnBP) and bis(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP), was tested in mung bean (Vigna radiata) seedlings germinated for 72 h in soils spiked with varying concentrations (0-500 mg kg−1 soil) of DnBP or DEHP. PAEs added at up to 500 mg kg−1 soil exerted no significant effect on germination but both pollutants significan ...