Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Hyeun Bum; Singer, Randall S.; Borewicz, Klaudyna; White, Bryan A.; Sreevatsan, Srinand
- American journal of veterinary research 2014 v.75 no.5 pp. 460-467
- commercial farms, etc ; C-reactive protein; Salmonella enterica; antibiotic resistance; feces; genes; growth promotion; public health; risk; swine; tylosin; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Objective- To evaluate the effects of tylosin on C-reactive protein concentration, carriage of Salmonella enterica, and antimicrobial resistance genes in commercial pigs. Animals-120 pigs on 2 commercial farms. Procedures- A cohort of sixty 10-week-old pigs in 4 pens/farm (15 pigs/pen) was randomly selected. Equal numbers of pigs were given feed containing tylosin (40 μg/g of feed) for 0, 6, or 12 ...
- Slifierz, M. J.; Friendship, R.; de Lange, C. F. M.; Slavic, D.; Grgic, H.; Farzan, A.
- Animal 2014 v.8 no.5 pp. 844-851
- commercial farms, etc ; Brachyspira; C-reactive protein; Influenza A virus; Lawsonia intracellularis; Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus; Salmonella; Staphylococcus aureus; amyloid; antibiotic resistance; blood serum; enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli; gene expression; haptoglobins; immune response; immunomodulators; insulin-like growth factor I; interferon-alpha; interferon-gamma; interleukin-10; interleukin-18; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-6; liver; methicillin; necrosis; neoplasms; odds ratio; pathogens; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; regression analysis; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcription; somatotropin receptors; swine; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; Show all 36 Subjects
- ... Recent findings suggest there is a complex interaction between the IGF system and the inflammatory immune response. The objective of this study was to determine whether gene expression of growth factors (IGF-1, IGF-binding protein-3 (IGFBP-3) and growth hormone receptors (GHR)) in the liver is associated with gene expression of immunomodulators in the liver, including C-reactive protein (CRP), ser ...