Jump to Main Content
- Müller, Günter C., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Acta tropica 2014 v.131 pp. 104-110
- Aedes aegypti; Anopheles crucians; Anopheles quadrimaculatus; Araneae; Carabidae; Culex erraticus; Culex nigripalpus; Culex quinquefasciatus; Culiseta melanura; Hemiptera; Hymenoptera; Lepidoptera; Mantidae; Orthoptera; Uranotaenia sapphirina; active ingredients; baits; environmental protection; eugenol; flowering; food colorants; guidelines; insects; malaria; mortality; nontarget organisms; staining; sugars; toxicity; vegetation; Florida
- ... The efficacy of attractive toxic sugar baits (ATSB) with the active ingredient eugenol, an Environmental Protection Agency exempt compound, was evaluated against vector and nuisance mosquitoes in both laboratory and field studies. In the laboratory, eugenol combined in attractive sugar bait (ASB) solution provided high levels of mortality for Aedes aegypti, Culex quinquefasciatus, and Anopheles qu ...
- Müller, Gunter C., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Parasitology research 2014 v.113 no.1 pp. 73-79
- Aedes albopictus; active ingredients; baits; control methods; dengue; dyes; eugenol; flowering; foliar application; insects; nontarget organisms; sugars; tires; toxicity; vegetation; Florida
- ... The purpose of this study was to test the efficacy of bait stations and foliar applications containing attractive toxic sugar baits (ATSB) and eugenol to control Aedes albopictus. At the same time, the potential impact of these control methods was evaluated on non-target organisms. The study was conducted at five tire sites in St. Augustine, Florida. A. albopictus populations were significantly re ...
- PubMed Central: