Jump to Main Content
- DelValls, T. Ángel, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2014 v.48 no.15 pp. 8864-8872
- Amphipoda; acidification; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; emissions; metals; pH; seawater; sediments; toxicity; toxicity testing
- ... Carbon capture and storage is increasingly being considered one of the most efficient approaches to mitigate the increase of CO₂ in the atmosphere associated with anthropogenic emissions. However, the environmental effects of potential CO₂ leaks remain largely unknown. The amphipod Ampelisca brevicornis was exposed to environmental sediments collected in different areas of the Gulf of Cádiz and s ...
- DelValls, T. Ángel, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environment international 2014 v.68 pp. 105-117
- Polychaeta; adverse effects; aluminum; arsenic; carbon dioxide; coasts; copper; iron; manganese; mercury; mortality; ocean acidification; pH; seawater; sediment contamination; sediments; tissues; toxicity; zinc
- ... To assess the potential effects on metal mobilization due to leakages of CO2 during its injection and storage in marine systems, an experimental set-up was devised and operated, using the polychaete Hediste diversicolor as the model organism. The objective was to study the effects of such leakage in the expected scenarios of pH values between 8.0 and 6.0. Polychaetes were exposed for 10days to sea ...