Jump to Main Content
- Martínez, Cristina S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2014 v.58 no.1 pp. 102-108
- Spirulina; antioxidant activity; biomass; breadmaking quality; confocal microscopy; cooking quality; digestible protein; digestion; glycemic index; microalgae; microstructure; nutrient content; pasta; phenolic compounds; protein content; starch; texture; wheat; wheat flour
- ... The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of the incorporation of spirulina on technological and nutritional quality of dried pasta. Wheat flour was substituted by spirulina biomass at three levels: 5, 10 and 20 g/100 g, and a sample without spirulina biomass was made as control. The technological quality was analyzed in terms of cooking properties and texture profile, while pasta sur ...
- Martinez, Cristina S, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Amaranthus caudatus; amaranth flour; chemical composition; color; cooking; pasta; pasting properties; scanning electron microscopy; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; texture; wheat; wheat flour
- ... The technological and sensory quality of pasta made from bread wheat flour substituted with wholemeal amaranth flour (Amaranthus mantegazzianus) at four levels, 15, 30, 40 and 50% w/w was investigated. The quality of the resulted pasta was compared to that of control pasta made from bread wheat flour. The flours were analyzed for chemical composition and pasting properties. Cooking behavior, color ...