Jump to Main Content
- Van der Niet, Timotheüs; Pirie, Michael D.; Shuttleworth, Adam; Johnson, Steven D.; Midgley, Jeremy J.
- Annals of botany 2014 v.113 no.2 pp. 301-316
- multidimensional scaling, etc ; DNA; Erica; Noctuidae; birds; chloroplasts; corolla; ecotypes; fruit set; models; monophyly; moths; nuclear genome; nucleotide sequences; odors; phenotype; pollination; shrubs; spectroscopy; South Africa; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Background and Aims According to the Grant–Stebbins model of pollinator-driven divergence, plants that disperse beyond the range of their specialized pollinator may adapt to a new pollination system. Although this model provides a compelling explanation for pollination ecotype formation, few studies have directly tested its validity in nature. Here we investigate the distribution and pollination b ...
- PubMed Central:
- Mancini, Giordano; Gargani, Maria; Chillemi, Giovanni; Nicolazzi, Ezequiel Luis; Marsan, Paolo Ajmone; Valentini, Alessio; Pariset, Lorraine
- Molecular biology reports 2014 v.41 no.2 pp. 957-965
- multidimensional scaling, etc ; Holstein; Piedmontese; bulls; computer software; evolution; genes; genetic distance; genetic variation; genotype; genotyping; milk; selection methods; single nucleotide polymorphism; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... In this study we used a medium density panel of SNP markers to perform population genetic analysis in five Italian cattle breeds. The BovineSNP50 BeadChip was used to genotype a total of 2,935 bulls of Piedmontese, Marchigiana, Italian Holstein, Italian Brown and Italian Pezzata Rossa breeds. To determine a genome-wide pattern of positive selection we mapped the F ₛₜ values against genome location ...
- PubMed Central: