Jump to Main Content
- DiMaria-Ghalili, Rose Ann; Mirtallo, Jay M; Tobin, Brian W; Hark, Lisa; Van Horn, Linda; Palmer, Carole A
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2014 v.99 no.5 pp. 1184S-1193S
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; chronic diseases; clinical nutrition; counseling; dentistry; dentists; diabetes; dietetics; disease control; federal government; food intake; nurses; nutrition education; obesity; occupations; patient care; patients; physicians; researchers; speech; stakeholders; teachers; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Understanding and applying nutrition knowledge and skills to all aspects of health care are extremely important, and all health care professions need basic training to effectively assess dietary intake and provide appropriate guidance, counseling, and treatment to their patients. With obesity rates at an all-time high and the increasing prevalence of diabetes projected to cost the Federal governme ...
- PubMed Central:
- Patel, Pinal S; Cooper, Andrew JM; O'Connell, Tamsin C; Kuhnle, Gunter GC; Kneale, Catherine K; Mulligan, Angela M; Luben, Robert N; Brage, Soren; Khaw, Kay-Tee; Wareham, Nicholas J; Forouhi, Nita G
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2014 v.100 no.2 pp. 708-718
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; prospective studies; nutrient content; animal proteins; carbon; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; fish; food frequency questionnaires; disease incidence; mass spectrometry; stable isotopes; risk; correlation; meat protein; dairy protein; biomarkers; nutrition risk assessment; blood serum; meat; clinical nutrition; food intake; nitrogen; protein intake; plant-based foods; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Background: Stable-isotope ratios of carbon (13C/12C, expressed as δ13C) and nitrogen (15N/14N, or δ15N) have been proposed as potential nutritional biomarkers to distinguish between meat, fish, and plant-based foods.Objective: The objective was to investigate dietary correlates of δ13C and δ15N and examine the association of these biomarkers with incident type 2 diabetes in a prospective study.De ...
- PubMed Central: