Jump to Main Content
- Ndjondo, Michel; Gourlet-Fleury, Sylvie; Manlay, Raphaël J; Engone Obiang, Nestor Laurier; Ngomanda, Alfred; Romero, Claudia; Claeys, Florian; Picard, Nicolas
- Carbon balance and management 2014 v.9 no.1 pp. 4
- opportunity costs, etc ; business enterprises; carbon; carbon markets; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; income; logging; prices; production costs; tropical rain forests; tropical wood; Gabon; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: A large proportion of the tropical rain forests of central Africa undergo periodic selective logging for timber harvesting. The REDD+ mechanism could promote less intensive logging if revenue from the additional carbon stored in the forest compensates financially for the reduced timber yield. RESULTS: Carbon stocks, and timber yields, and their associated values, were predicted at the ...
- PubMed Central:
- Suckling, David Maxwell; Sforza, René François Henri; Marion-Poll, Frederic
- opportunity costs, etc ; Cactoblastis cactorum; Rhinocyllus conicus; adverse effects; attitudes and opinions; biodiversity; biological control; biological control agents; biosafety; cacti and succulents; environmental impact; invasive species; long term effects; risk; risk management process; systematic review; weed control; weeds; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... A systematic review focused by plant on non-target impacts from agents deliberately introduced for the biological control of weeds found significant non-target impacts to be rare. The magnitude of direct impact of 43 biocontrol agents on 140 non-target plants was retrospectively categorized using a risk management framework for ecological impacts of invasive species (minimal, minor, moderate, majo ...
- PubMed Central: