Jump to Main Content
- King, Annie J.; Griffin, Johanna K.; Roslan, Fahkirah
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2014 v.62 no.31 pp. 7915-7919
- Olea europaea, etc ; GRAS substances; Morella cerifera; absorbance; adverse effects; antioxidant activity; bark; birds; body weight; diet; feed conversion; feed intake; free radical scavengers; freeze drying; juices; lipid peroxidation; myricetin; olives; organic foods; oxidation; polyphenols; poultry; processed meat; sodium chloride; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; trees; unsaturated fatty acids; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... A freeze-dried powder from organic olive (Olea europaea) juice extract, contains 8.82% polyphenols and a minimum of 2.5% hydroxytyrosol (3,4-dihydroxyphenylethanol), an effective free radical scavenger and the major antioxidant in the byproduct (dried olive extract, DOE). Myricetin, a bioflavonoid extract from the bark powder of the bayberry tree (Myrica cerifera), also has many beneficial biologi ...
- Aharonovich, Sophia; Sharon, Gonen; Weinstein-Evron, Mina
- Quaternary international 2014 v.331 pp. 149-166
- Olea europaea, etc ; Abies; Alnus; Amaranthaceae; Apiaceae; Artemisia; Cedrus libani; Centaurea; Centaurium erythraea; Liliaceae; Pinus halepensis; Pistacia; Poaceae; Quercus coccifera; Quercus ithaburensis; bark; basins; biotopes; climate; fruits; grasses; humans; humidity; mountains; olives; paleoecology; palynology; parsley; pistachios; pollen; seeds; shrublands; temperature; trees; wood; Israel; Jordan; Palestine; Show all 38 Subjects
- ... A detailed palynological sequence of the late Middle Palaeolithic (MP) open-air site Nahal Mahanayeem Outlet (NMO), northern Jordan Rift Valley, Israel, dated to ca. 65–51 ka, constitutes a rare case of a south Levantine archaeo-palynological study for this period. The sequence is characterized by relatively high Arboreal Pollen (AP) ratios, comparable to humid fluctuations in the near-by Hula cor ...